Today was Cecilia’s last day of Kindergarten. I simply cannot believe how FAST this year has gone by. I clearly remember Cecilia’s first day of Kindergarten at Santa Barbara Charter School.
Cecilia loved kindergarten and her class, and she learned so much from her amazing teacher. It’s sad to see the year end and to realize how quickly my L’il C is growing up.
To celebrate her students, C’s teacher held an Appreciation Circle. This is when she addressed each student and told him/her why she appreciated that student. It was a very sweet and touching way to end the year.
The text reads as follows:
I appreciate you Cecilia because
- You love to learn and you are a hard worker. You have learned a lot this year.
- You are a sweet child. You are nice to all the people around you.
- You are a very creative person. You are able to make something extremely interesting out of something as simple as a piece of paper.
- You can be a quiet person, but when you do speak, you have a lot to say. You are very funny and have a great sense of humor.
- You are passionate about many things. Most recently, your passion has been reading. It has been a lot of fun watching you become such a successful reader!
- You always help me. Many times, you are the first person to offer to help clean something or organize something in the classroom.